Happy back-to-school season!
School year 2023-2024 is set to be Schools That Can’s best year yet! With programming running in cities throughout the summer, school recruitment in full swing, and our awesome programming team heading back into classrooms as we speak, we’ve got a lot to catch up on!
Join us in congratulating STC team members who are embarking on expanded roles:
- Ashaki Goodall took on the role of Chief Program Officer in addition to serving as STC Newark Executive Director
- Daniel Dzodin is at the helm as Executive Director of STC Pittsburgh.
- Anijeh Green stepped into the role of Director of Curriculum Development.
- Greisy Genao is now the Director of Learning & Development.
Hands-on financial services skills with STC Newark
In Newark, a group of high school students participated in a 4-week summer career exploration experience designed to introduce them to careers in the financial services industry. This opportunity was held in partnership with STC Newark and Prudential Global Investment Management. Some of the big highlights:
- Students completed STC’s Making Money Work unit, a financial literacy boot camp. It culminated in developing a college budget based on real-life choices.
- Students job shadowed at Prudential Global Investment Management, learning hands-on what a day in the life looks like. They practiced important career skills, like revising resumes and networking, which are featured in STC’s education to employment program.
- Students participated in an Investing Case Competition, showing everything they learned during over the course of 4 weeks.
STC Pittsburgh tackled effective communication with the Readiness Institute at Penn State
STC Pittsburgh’s Executive Director, Daniel Dzodin, was proud to be part of the Readiness Institute at Penn State Summer Program workshops, talking about the importance of effective communication. Huge thanks to the Readiness Institute for this opportunity, and for the photo!
So much student voice!
As STC’s spring 2023 internship cohort wrapped up their work, we emerged with plenty of inspiration, new connections built, and…a pretty awesome reading list!
Click through some of their work published on the blog: