Serving a network of roughly 40 district, charter, and independent schools, STC Newark has emerged as a leader in supporting real-world career pathways for students.
What We Do
STC Newark is a regional leader and pioneer at bringing real-world learning into schools through programs that include: Career Skills Pathways Program, Bridging the e2e Gap, Professional Learning Groups, and our Design Day Challenge and Celebration. In addition to these signature programs, STC Newark partners with several local organizations to support regional initiatives.
Special Newark Initiatives
Prudential Citywide Math Initiative
STC Newark serves as Lead partner with Prudential on this initiative to increase math readiness skills of all Newark youth. At the high school level, we expose high school students to math careers through classroom workshops and the new Prudential Actuary Career Exploration (PACE) program. We also bring together math teachers and professors to close the gap on the high school to college math gap. At the K-8 level, we will soon be launching a citywide math campaign.
STC Newark partnered with Prudential to create the Prudential Newark Math Initiative. To read the Initiative report, click here.
Spirit of Community Service Clubs
STC Newark serves as the lead coordinator this initiative of the Prudential Spirit of Community Office. Working with Prudential volunteers, teams of middle school students meet monthly to work through a community service curriculum, culminating with teams hosting community service projects in their school communities.
- Achieve Community Charter School
- American History High School
- Avon Avenue School
- Bard High School Early College
- Barringer High School
- BRICK Peshine Academy
- Camden Street School
- Chancellor Avenue School
- Cristo Rey Newark
- Discovery Charter School
- Eagle Academy of Young Men
- East Side High School
- Great Oaks Legacy Downtown Middle School
- Great Oaks Legacy High School
- Great Oaks Legacy Middle Schol
- Hawkins Street School
- Hawthorne Avenue School
- Lincoln School
- Link Community Charter School
- Malcolm X Shabazz High School
- Newark Collegiate Academy
- Newark Educators Community Charter School
- Oliver Street School
- People’s Prep Charter School
- Philip’s Academy Charter School
- Ridge Street School
- Speedway Academies
- St. Benedict’s Elementary School
- St. Benedict’s Middle School
- St. Benedict’s Preparatory School
- Technology High School
- University Heights Charter School
- University High School
- Weequahic High School
- West Side High School
*This list is from the 2018 school year.
Newark Staff & Advisory Board
Erin Sweeney, Executive Director: [email protected]
Ashaki Goodall, Manager of Career Skills Programs: [email protected]